A team of platform owners is responsible for driving our digital innovations and the internal IT development of our clients research & client delivery platforms. For this team we are searching for an experienced platform owner to manage & driver the development of our digital delivery platforms, covering topics like online dashboards & scorecards, data integration, processing & visualization and digital storytelling.
As Product Owner, you are involved in initiating, coordinating and executing IT-related projects within the organization. You have a helicopter view and a strong commercial focus. You take ownership in your work and you interact well with the various stakeholders you deal with. You bring together the internal and external wishes and ideas. You drive and safeguard the realization of new features. You translate wishes of the stakeholders into executable user stories, which you prioritize in the product backlog.
• Prioritize & scope wishes based on internal and external client needs and insights from the development team
• Estimate required time, cost, and impact to implement of the backlog
• Align and manage the development roadmap in consultation with stakeholders
• Make transparent and track the costs, time (progress) and scope of developments, including approval of the delivered functionalities
• Align agreements, requirements and required changes with the third parties involved
• Collaborate with developers to determine and implement desired additional development, monitor and process improvements
• Coordinate with possible development partners
• Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge and vision in the fields digital delivery platforms (dashboards), data integration & visualization
Measures of success
Delivery against target
• A finished HBO or WO education (preferably IT & business related or with a strong IT component).
• The platform owner should be able to speak with the It development team and understand concepts vital to moving a project forward. Most importantly, they must be knowledgeable on a product from the end user’s perspective. Platform owner needs to have enough technical IT knowledge to work effectively with IT development team (scrum team, in particular the development lead) and have enough business understanding and experience to work effectively with the business side of our organization (e.g. research managers, research solution consultants and client directors) (see also some comments below on this)
• Scrum Product Owner training + certificate, plus experience
• Preferably 5 years working experience in comparable environment (e.g. IT consultancy, IT software development, online research agency, companies with a strong digital and/or data component)
• Commercial experience (worked for a commercial company)
• Strong analytical reasoning capabilities
• Independent and hands-on-mentality
• Helicopter view, but can also pay attention to details
• Proficient in the Dutch and English language (in writing and speaking)
Interested in this position?
Apply here or call us at +31 (0)20 7162747.